huhtikuuta 26, 2010

My thoughts about horse keeping

Stormy wrote about Nevzorov's way of horse keeping. I noticed that I had a lot to say about it in her comment box so I thought I'd write about it.

First I got to mention here too, that Nevzorov's forum was a good place to find information when starting out. I haven't reached that point yet where I'd be inspired to start teaching any Haute Ecole moves to horses. Maybe it will be a step in my path too, who knows.


Mr Nevzorov has written: "Besides the rebuilding of the horse’s entire musculature, herd living makes a horse very primitive and stupid, and returns the horse to the world of primitive ideas and manners."

I don't know if that level of training that Nevzorov does is even possible without regulating or restricting horse's basic needs (as I understand them). If it isn't then for me it is needless.



Stormy wrote: "Can we know for sure that horses prefer a more wild existence?"

Well I think we can know for sure what horses prefer, when we give them freedom to choose. That I don't know if Nevzorov's horses have had. "Would you like to go out and play with your mates or come and learn some Latin?" If they would choose Latin, then I'd be impressed.



"They reveal knowledge that I think doesn't even exist in human perception and therefore cannot be named. Or maybe even should not be named." I wrote on the comment box of my earlier post. That I still believe to be true :)

What is stupid? What is wise? (Is Mr Nevzorov maybe not receiving the wisdom horses share with us when we are able to open our hearts and keep "mental contacts horizontal" as Mr Boone says it..?) I strongly dislike the idea that the intelligence of a horse should be measured in reading and writing. I do think that it is an dashing stunt to show people that horses do have brains, but I am actually hoping to have horses educating me - that is the New World where I'd like to go. Maybe Nevzorov is heading the same way but on a different path.

Olga - the best teacher I could've asked for

Maybe I should point out that I still am on the very beginning of this path and a lot of my writings is just my thoughts of how it should be, NOT how things are with me. So I am not speaking from my own experience, but what my heart tells is right. For me, and from my current point of view.

And this I find to be a good inspiration when planning horse keeping:
Respect Nature


1 kommentti:

  1. Love the photos!

    You said: "They reveal knowledge that I think doesn't even exist in human perception and therefore cannot be named. Or maybe even should not be named." I think you're absolutely right.

    I went to the "Respect Nature" link. It's pretty valid. I think the point about not getting good sleep without a herd can be offset by providing safe box stalls. When we used to keep our two horses in stalls in the barn at night, if I came in while they were asleep, I'd have to practically throw things at them to wake them up.

    VastaaPoista