syyskuuta 07, 2010

lessons

Few weeks back I was attending Noora Ehnqvist's course in this amazing old farm with wonderful, open and warm people. We were having good lessons from horses, getting a hang of how to really see the horse, be aware of ourselves and horses and how to stay in the moment, not letting our minds drift away.

In the middle of day two I received a phone call telling me that a couple that were really good friends of me and my husband had died in a car accident. It didn't really sink until I went back to where all the people were, and tried to say it, to explain why I wasn't ready to go get a horse and go to picadero. I was lucky to be where I was when getting these news, all that empathy really helped me to deal with all my emotions. And, after a while, I did go to picadero to be with Milla, the finn horse.

It has never been easier to stay present in the moment, it was too painful to let my mind wander. Milla was the best comforter, she just breathed with me and kept me there, noticing all the birds singing and trees swaying, sun warming us, and the ground under my feet. At some point, Noora asked me how I felt, and all the emotions came back, crushing me. At that point I looked at Milla, and a single teardrop fell from her eye.

4 kommenttia:

  1. So sad about your friends, Jen-ska - I'm sorry.

    I read that horses can occasionally shed tears, but have certainly never experienced it myself. It's amazing.

    If you ever feel like telling more about the course, I'm sure I'm not the only person who would be very interested to hear.

    VastaaPoista
  2. She looks lovely.

    I see you are already wearing warm clothes in Finland!

    VastaaPoista
  3. That is so very sad. How wonderful, and it should not surprise me, that a horse can give you such empathy.

    Máire

    VastaaPoista
  4. Touching. Good photos by the way, capturing the moment just as you described.

    VastaaPoista