kesäkuuta 07, 2010

"Naked Liberty" by Resnick

I am reading Carolyn Resnick's Naked Liberty at the moment, and although I'm still in the very beginning, I've already found some good examples on how to describe "my truth" to people who find it interesting. I wrote down some of them in here so I'll remember them.

* This magnetic connection with horses is like the one that twins have, or migrating geese, or large school of fish escaping an attack.

* No horse should be made to perform. We must seek his permission and fulfill his requirement for companionship.

* When you are in the company of your horse, he should have your full attention. A person that is most aware of his horse at every moment has the most dependable horse.

I think I'll have to buy this book. First few chapters you'll find in here: Naked Liberty

PS. I use the expression "my truth" because I still find it very difficult to start to tell people what I am doing and where I am aiming with my way of being with horses, and it is still sometimes not so easy to act accordingly, but my sense of right and wrong in this path is very strong. So, it is something I "know" deep down, but a lot of it does not have words.


2 kommenttia:

  1. I like your quotes from the book and also the poem you quoted in your last post. I had it in my blog too a few months back! More and more I am glad that, although I feel stiffer than I used to, being older means I care about others' opinions far less and appreciate sharing the moment with my horse so much more. For me it is a journey without a map and I am enjoying it.

    I hope you write more on your explorations with Olga, who is beautiful by the way.

    Máire

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thank you for reading and commenting, Máire!

    I've never really cared what people think of me, but I sure would like to be able to explain things when they are interested in what I am doing :)

    VastaaPoista