heinäkuuta 16, 2010

Laminitis

Olga has got laminitis on her hind legs :( I should've been more careful, I made many mistakes. It's only 'mild case' but still. She is fat, her hooves got way to long and then I throw her to this big pasture to eat all day... I should've known better.


Olga, however, has not read her diagnose, as she seems to be quite happy and content even with restrictions on her food and moving around. Maybe she is trying to cheer me up.

Editing on 22/7: I just noticed that Olga looks quite not so fat in the picture above, so to get the whole truth, I have to add another picture...

4 kommenttia:

  1. She does look rather serene in this photo! Tell her I said Hi, and get well soon!

    VastaaPoista
  2. and moving around is good; they say moving's the main thing.

    VastaaPoista
  3. She will now get to spend her nights free, and will be closed by days when she gets her friends with her. Hopefully she will get better soon <3

    VastaaPoista
  4. I really do sympathise. I have struggled with Rosie, who is laminitic, and early this summer, I let her onto grass too soon and she seemed a little bit 'footy'. Luckily Ben always need to be on a diet, so when I confined her back onto the track it was good for him too.

    It always amazes me that ponies do not have an instinct to help them regulate their grass intake. Olga does look lovely in this photo. I hope she recovers quickly.

    VastaaPoista