joulukuuta 21, 2010

Human effect

Everyone can see a difference in these two sets of photos. What makes it happen? Set 1 is all about what we love and why we admire horses. Set 2 is what we make of them.

Spirit. Freedom. Joie de vivre!


And what do we make of them? All I see in these photos below are horses that have given up, I see pain and sorrow in their eyes. They are nothing but soulless shells, spirit has left and only the body is there to serve humans like a machine.



I mean really, where do we go wrong? What is it in human nature that leads us so far from where I think most of us start our journey with horses?

3 kommenttia:

  1. Those last pictures are very disturbing! I wonder if the qualities that attract humans to horses, their power, spirit and freedom, is also exactly what makes us fear them? A horse that rears up in front of you is without a doubt an intimidating sight. They are so much more powerful than we are. Perhaps this fear creates the need to dominate and control this power.

    To most common comment I get when people see me riding bitless is that in a bitless bridle you have no control, no brakes! But I have always been able to stop Minnie from flat out gallops just by a shift in my weight, no reins needed.

    I think it is this human need to dominate and control that destroys horses' souls. The only way to keep a horse's soul and spirit alive and vibrant is to build a bond of trust that leads to true partnership.

    VastaaPoista
  2. And the sad thing is that those horses are trying to cooperate and do what the person wants, but they're not given the opportunity to cooperate fully - instead they're coerced. How alienated they look, cut off inside a world of pain and loneliness.

    VastaaPoista
  3. I agree with 100% with both of the comments above. I think it's all about that elusive need for control with some people.

    In every day life (not just in the horse world), I see it all the time. ....and when some people don't get the control they want, they act like big babies.

    My heart aches for those horses in the bottom photos! What I wouldn't give to remove their bridles, take away the force, and give them the kindness, respect, and love that they deserve!

    I hope you are having a wonderul Christmas :)

    VastaaPoista